Monday, March 29, 2010

floor plans

So I know spring break I went back to the drawing board this past week for several rooms around the house. As long as I get the okay to do it my mother’s living room will be cream colored with and accent wall of a shade of brown, and will use a dark chocolate as the accent color around the room. My room will remain a white wall but with black accents (desk, shelves, frames, closet curtain, and bed spread); otherwise I’m using bright and fun colors. Also I’m using polka dots and some graffiti that a friend drew up for me. I will get a couple pictures up to see later on.
The one thing I can’t stress enough for myself is to sketch the mural you want and have the colors planned before going to actually do it in paint. It’s as well important to plan a whole room out that way you don’t start it and get it halfway done when you decide it doesn’t look right. When you make a floor plan it’s easier to know how much space you have to work with, how much material you need to get the job done, and experiment with colors.
Selecting a floor plan might seem like an easy process, until you move in and find that the foyer is too narrow or the kitchen island is too close to the refrigerator door. Among the factors to think about are the daily routine, the way you entertain, the age of any children, and the presence of pets. Furniture is an important consideration throughout the house, as it can dictate room size or configuration. Those with large pieces of furniture should think about where their prized pieces will fit. Is there a wall large enough for the entertainment center or the sectional couches? Picking the "right" floor plan is an important decision that sometimes is overlooked in the frenzy of house hunting. Take some time to think through the many variables that go into finding the perfect floor plan for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment